Breakfast for Dinner

Friday, March 12, 2010

My kids little faces always light up when I tell them we are having breakfast for dinner...especially if I'm making pancakes!  Last night I made our favorite recipe for Apple Cinnamon Pancakes.  I doubled the cinnamon in the recipe and used slightly less milk.  These pancakes are so delicious and fluffy that you really do not need syrup!  For our family of four I scaled the recipe to 6 servings and that seemed to be perfect. 
I haven't ventured into making my own sausage yet so for now this is what I used: Chicken and Maple Breakfast Sausage which were very good.  I have experimented with other nitrite/nitrate free natural chicken sausages and hated them!  I would definitely recommend this brand!  I have this new found love with green onions, so I chopped up a few along with a few sprigs of fresh organic thyme and tossed them in with the scrambled eggs along with some grated Asiago cheese, salt and pepper!  These eggs were full of flavor!  The potatoes were simply grated and tossed into the pan with some olive oil, salt pepper, red and green bell peppers and cooked until tender and browned.  Very simple but very good!

0 comments:

Kala-loo Soup! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino