Parmesan Chicken Wings & Herbed Pasta

Tuesday, January 26, 2010





Okay I need to start off by saying that this was delicious!  I had a friend over for dinner since both of our husbands were out of town.  She made a big salad with her homemade dressing that was really tasty!  I have been wanting to try this chicken wing recipe for a while now and found this to be a perfect opportunity!  With all the herbs in the chicken, I thought an herbed pasta with tomatoes would be a great companion...and it was!  I think I will try this with Chicken breast next time.




CHICKEN:
Click on this link for the Recipe!
(I Doubled the recipe for 2 adults and 5 children)

HERBED PASTA:
1 box of Angel Hair Pasta
2-3 Tablespoons of fresh Basil, finely chopped
1-2 Tablespoons of fresh Dill, finely chopped
3-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp of dried Oregano
1 Large Red Organic Heirloom Tomato, chopped
1 Small Green Organic Heirloom Tomato, chopped
1 Medium Yellow Organic Heirloom Tomato, chopped
1/2-3/4 Cup of White Wine
2-4 Tblsp Butter or Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon
Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste

1. Cook pasta (about a minute or two less than the box indicates), drain and set aside (make sure to add olive oil to water so it doesn't stick)
2. Melt 2 Tblsp of butter or oil in skillet, add tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add Garlic to pan
3. Add White Wine and let it reduce for a few minutes to burn off the alcohol.
4. Add Pasta to the pan (eyeball it, however much you would like to add) 
5. Add Fresh Herbs, salt and pepper.  Toss everything together evenly.
6. Add 2 remaining Tblsp of butter, mix and coat evently.
7. Lower Heat to simmer
7. Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the pan, top with a little parmesan if you prefer and serve!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This one is my FAVORITE!!!!!! YUM YUM YUM!! I am making it this week. Fantastic!! I will let you know how mine comes out. Thank you for the recipe!!!

Kala-Loo said...

It is sooo good! I'm going to try it with boneless chicken breasts next time.

Kala-loo Soup! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino