Sandwiches Anyone?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


This was a present to my husband on a lazy saturday afternoon!  The picture does not do this monster of a sandwich any justice!   To start I spread some real Mayo, Dijon Mustard and a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper on this 9 inch bread that I got fresh from the Safeway Bakery.  Then I layered on 4 slices of Hormel Natural Choice Roasted Turkey (I first lightly sauteed all meat slices in the skillet) followed by two slices of cheddar cheese.  Then 4 slices of Ham (Same Brand) topped with two slices of swiss cheese!  Then to top it all off 4 slices of bacon!  I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and toasted the sandwich open faced for about 10 minutes (until the cheese was melted through), added some baby spinach and voila!
Anyone who knows my husband knows that this would make him VERY happy!  I don't usually condone this type of eating however I felt the need to treat him on this day...oh and not to mention he was going on about the sandwiches I used to make him and how they were the envy of all his co-workers!
  Now for my lunch...a little less on the gluttony side!  I had recently saw a recipe for a brie and apple sandwich and it sounded amazing.  I had brie and green apples so I decided to try it but I was also craving mushrooms soooooo....

I ended up sauteing some baby bella mushrooms I had in the fridge along with some sweet yellow onion.  Firist I layered on the thinly sliced apples, then the mushrooms, the onions and topped off with a gernerous amount of brie! I had some leftover mozzarella that I needed to use also so I sprinkled some on the bare bread.  I popped it in the oven open faced at 400 degrees just until the cheese was nice and melted....This was AMAZING melt in my mouth Greatness!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...that looks and sounds delish!!!!

Unknown said...

Yummers but major bummers for the apple! I would totally eat it without it though! I loooooooooove brie! I definitely don't abhor (ab-whore) that cheese at all!

Kala-loo Soup! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino