Coconut Curry Chicken with Vegetables and Shrimp Skewers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Ahhh..so this was a last minute throw together as I had several cans of coconut milk on hand and I always have a steady supply of curry thanks to my Trinidadian father in law.  I really didn't measure anything, just tossed everything together but I will do my best to recall: First I chopped 4 Organic Chicken Breasts into bite sized pieces then browned in the skillet.  Mix in a tablespoon (or more if you prefer) of Curry powder along with cayenne pepper (to taste) salt and pepper.  In a seperate pan I sauteed the mixed vegetable medly which included bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, carrots, artichoke hearts, etc.  and add to chicken, mix well and stir in 2 cans of coconut milk.  Let it simmer on medium low until chicken is cooked all the way through.  For whatever reason I felt the need to add shrimp to this dinner...so I broiled some shrimp on skewers that I had on hand.  They went great with the Curry!
In sticking with the Thai theme; for dessert we made a chocolate fruit tree using raspberries, blueberries, organic chocolate syrup and Pocky Sticks!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

DEE-licious!!! I will definitely try this out! My mouth is seriously watering from the picture!! The Pocky sticks with the raspberries are REALLY adorable! Great for parties and they look so refreshing!

Kala-loo Soup! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino