My First Poach with Hollandaise Sauce

Tuesday, January 26, 2010




I have always wanted to try and make Poached Eggs, however I have been too scared to try it for fear of making a huge mess and wasting my eggs.  Well, I tried it...and it was suprisingly very easy and mess free!  My eggs were not the beautiful, perfectly shaped version that you see chefs make on TV, however this was only attempt numero uno.  Of course Poached eggs are not complete without a Hollandaise Sauce, also my first time making it. 


The first batch came out way too sour (Go easy on the lemon juice), batch number two was Perfect! Click here for the recipe I used.  I put the eggs on a piece of toast with lightly steamed baby spinach leaves and topped with the hollandaise sauce!  This made a perfect late sunday breakfast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous site design and boy do I want to wake up to these eggs for breakfast! They look dreamy.

Unknown said...

I love poached eggs, but have never been able to make them. You're gonna have to show me or post a video. OMG post a video of it, send it to me and I will edit it! Woot woot!!!

Kala-Loo said...

@Loriana-I love how you got so excited about editing a poached eggs video! lol

Kala-loo Soup! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino